Come Work With Us!
Located in Herndon, VA, with close proximity to Rt. 267, Dulles Toll Road, Rt. 7, Rt. 28 and 495. We are on the western side of Fairfax County and close to Loudoun County. We would love for you to join our team!
Why do #YouBeelong at Herndon Elementary?
- Our Vision:The vision of Herndon Elementary School is to provide students with a safe, nurturing learning environment where all students will work to their full potential.
- Our Mission:The mission of Herndon Elementary is to develop children to their full potential by ensuring a high level of success for all students. Teachers will work to differentiate instruction, provide a safe environment, and develop goals with students. Parents and teachers will work together as a community to prepare students to become productive citizens.
- Amazing Scholars: With 800 students, we are a Spanish-Immersion school! We are the world: 60% Hispanic, 19% White, 10% Black, 8% Asian, 2% Other. We are a Title I school with 60% of our students receiving Free/ Reduced Lunch Prices. We serve students in our two-way spanish immersion program, advanced academics (Local Level 4), general education, Special Education, and ESOL!
- Phenomenal Staff: Our staff is incredible. We have 1st year teachers, veteran teachers, and teachers who say they will never leave Herndon Elementary because it’s filled with such dedicated and committed professionals! Many of our staff are also parents of our students! We thrive off the culture of collaboration among our staff in our professional learning community! We collaborate so that our students benefit and because we all deserve thinking partners! Our staff is on an equity journey as adults, colleagues, and educators; we are examining our biases, privilege and learning more about one another’s experiences so we can disrupt systemic racism in our world.
- Wonderful Families: Families trust and support us and want to partner with us in their child’s learning. Our PTA is always looking for fun ways to help! We offer parent coffees, evening events, and parent programming to build the home-school connection. We love having families in the building for special events such as: Back to School Bash, Popsicles on the Playground, BINGO Night, Cultural Heritage Night, Math and Literacy Nights and music concerts!
- High-Quality Professional Development: Our formal and informal PD is high quality and research-based. Focused on mindset, literacy, technology, and ensuring students make real world, higher level thinking connections to our global community! Our literacy coaches, math coaches and instructional coach, school-based technology specialist, ESOL chair, librarian, and SPED chairperson support our growth. We learn from one another every day as we value common planning, assessments, and data-talks to help each other learn/grow and give a variety of time, supports, and scaffolds to each child “by name and by need.”
We believe in Our Children:
- Each child in our building has unique qualities and the ability to learn given opportunity and encouragement.
- With the proper guidance, support, and expectations our children will have high levels of achievement.
We believe in Our Teachers:
- All of our teachers are highly qualified to support, encourage, and nurture each of their students to become high achievers.
We believe in Our Community:
- Families are an integral part of a great school.
- Our business partners provide valuable resources to our students and staff.