School Innovation and Improvement Plan
2023-2024 School Year
Outcome: Students reading on grade level by the end of 3rd Grade
Goal: By Spring 2024, 60% students in grades K-3 will demonstrate on-grade level reading ability and 100% will demonstrate growth as measured by PALS and iReady.
- Increase use of data to plan instruction and monitor progress for students demonstrating risk.
- Improve daily, systematic, explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block.
- Increase impact of tier 2 interventions for students demonstrating risk by using FCPS-recommended programs and practices with fidelity.
Outcome: Growth and performance on state/national/international assessments in math. Successful completion of Algebra 1 by 8th Grade.
Goal: By Spring 2024, the percentage of students in our Hispanic subgroup meeting end of year benchmarks in grades K-2 will increase by 10% as measured by the AVMR assessment. The percentage of students in our Hispanic subgroup meeting end of year benchmarks in grades 3- 6 will increase by 10% as measured by the SOL assessment.
- Increase teacher implementation of explicit instruction and other components of effective mathematics intervention.
- Increase teachers implementation strategies related to Shift 8: from looking for correct answers towards revealing student thinking.
- Schedule ESOL teacher push-in ELD instruction during math instructional time.
Chronic Absenteeism Goal
Outcome: Student attendance and absenteeism rates
Goal: By Spring 2024, the percentage of students who are chronically absent will be 15% or less.
- Increase opportunities for personalized early attendance outreach.
- Strengthen school team practices to monitor attendance data and determine need for intervention and additional support.
- Strengthening messaging to staff, students and families around attendance to school. Each stakeholder should be able to understand how daily attendance matters, not only for academic success, but because school offers an opportunity to develop social and emotional skills such as listening, paying attention, problem-solving and self-regulation, all which are needed to grow and learn.